In the final analysis it is not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.
Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.
Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
If you have not yet had the opportunity to make your tax-deductible donation to CDRC for the therapy and preschool programs that help strengthen ALL San Luis Obispo County families, regardless of history, disability, or socio-economic status, remember that you still have a few days to do so!
Every donation to CDRC counts tremendously toward all our programs. For 41 years, CDRC has had a high success rate (around an average of 85%) of children who no longer need special assistance/therapy after they enter kindergarten. Examples of how far we can stretch your dollar are shown below:
- $2 provides a snack for a parent education opportunity, school supplies
- $5 provides one hour of babysitting so that parents can attend a parent education class
- $12 provides one hour of therapeutic child development, tailored to the special needs each one of the children we serve
- $17 One hour of family resource planning with one of our case managers, supporting families with the resources they need to reach their goals of self sufficiency
- $20 provides an hour of therapy for any child, family, or parent who is experiencing trauma, mental illness, abuse, substance abuse, attachment disorders, crisis, or any other family and individual needs
- $25 provides an hour of therapy for a child or family
- $50 provides a parenting class with childcare
- $100 provides a month of counseling sessions for a child
- $250 provides therapeutic training for our specialized staff
- $500 provides a therapeutic group for our needy parents
- $1000 provides crisis support training for all staff
- $9000 provides a year of child development and therapy for one family
You can send donation checks to our 1720 Bishop Street, San Luis Obispo (93401) location, or click here to donate via secure internet link to Paypal.
All donations are tax-deductible and help the give the most vulnerable children and families the gift of education, healing, and most of all--hope.
Happy New Year from your friends and family at CDRC!